- Adventure sports Snorkel among colorful fish, get muddy on mountain adventures, and zip through treetops near Jacó and Manuel Antonio.
- Fishing Deep-sea fishing at Quepos, Jacó, or Herradura gives a chance to hook a sailfish, marlin, wahoo, or yellowfin tuna.
- Nature and wildlife Explore the seaside forest and see sloths, iguanas, agoutis, monkeys, and 350 species of birds at Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Sunsets Whether you view it from the beach or while sipping hilltop cocktails in Manuel Antonio, this region has some of the country's best venues for watching the sunset.
- Surfing This is Costa Rica's surf central. Jacó and Playa Hermosa swarm with surfers, from beginners to pros.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More