- Big Game You're guaranteed to see big game—including the Big Five—both in national parks and at many private lodges.
- Escape the Crowds South Africa's game parks are rarely crowded. You'll see more game with fewer other visitors than almost anywhere else in Africa.
- Luxury Escapes Few other sub-Saharan countries can offer South Africa's high standards of accommodation, service, and food amid gorgeous surroundings of bush, beach, mountains, and desert.
- Take the Family All the national parks accept children (choose a malaria-free one if your kids are small), and many private lodges have fantastic children's programs.
- Bountiful Birds Even if you're not a birder you'll be dazzled by hundreds of fascinating birds of all colors, shapes, and sizes.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More