Rothenburg Trains

Search

Rothenburg Trains

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2024, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rothenburg Trains

WIll be seeing Rothenburg after Koblenz and before Innsbruck. Going to Innsbruck via Munich. Rail Europe and DB show an RB train from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Steinach bei Rothenburg ob der Tauber, a 15 min trip, where there is only a 4 min connection to an RE train to Munich. This seems tight so wondering if would be better to taxi to the Steinach town and start our train venture there? (Edit: the RB train runs every hour so I could catch the earlier one @2.79 Euros).

Maybe someone has done this and could offer wisdom? Thanks much.

Last edited by stephenjohnson5012; May 9th, 2024 at 10:15 AM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 11:01 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I made a similar journey a few years ago and this is what I wrote in my trip report:

"Our five minute train change in Treuchtingen was stress-free as we merely had to walk across the platform to our waiting train, but the four minute change in Steinach involved dragging our luggage down a set of stairs, then back up another set of stairs, accompanied by many other tourists doing the same thing, some of them rather inconsiderate as they frantically rushed to make the connection".

Having said that, we made it. And I'd do it again.

We also took trains from Rothenburg to Innsbruck via Munich and this is what I wrote about the return:

We reached the Bahnhof with plenty of time to spare before our 9:06 am train to Innsbruck. Once again we traveled via Steinach with its four minute change and two sets of stairs, everyone in a mad rush to make the connecting train to Treuchtingen, which was all for naught as the train wasn’t yet there.

Last edited by Melnq8; May 9th, 2024 at 11:06 AM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks! Very useful. I searched before asking this but it didn't come up. I'll find your trip report.
Old May 9th, 2024, 11:20 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's the link to that particular report - I've been to Rothenburg many times, but this trip was geared towards my 19 year old niece:

The Boomer and the Gen-Zer: A trip of firsts
Old May 10th, 2024, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Awesome trip report! Bonus was the info on Innsbruck. Many thanks.