Vancouver Cruise Port Terminal Dilemma

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2024, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because there are 3 ships departing Vancouver the day we set sail for Alaska (June) and reports I've seen say that the terminal gets bogged down with huge lines (I've seen it described as the worst in the world) I'm trying to figure out a way of mitigating the issue. Go super early - go later in day? My husband who hates crowds and lineups and had said he'd never do a cruise, is only going on the cruise because his siblings have organized it and he thinks his deceased mom would have pleased that her children (we're elderly, lol) are travelling together.
Old May 17th, 2024, 06:27 AM

Do you know about cruisecritic.com? I'd go there and ask. This board doesn't get much activity.
Old May 17th, 2024, 10:59 AM

A lot of cruise lines are getting stricter about sticking to assigned boarding times. This helps smooth out the crush. A lot of cruisers are anxious to get in early so they can start eating. I think early is also better if there has been a bottleneck.

You may have no options other than bring snacks and water for an hour long wait.

Last edited by mlgb; May 17th, 2024 at 11:07 AM.