Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Peru month long Itinerary. Suggestions for the last 4 days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2024, 02:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there,

I'm spending a month in Peru in July/August with the following itinerary but need help with the final part:

- Arequipa (6 days inc flight there) - Including aclimatising and 3 day Colca Canyon hike
- Puno (3 days, including bus there)
- Cusco (11 days inc bus there) - Includes 5 day inca Trail, 3 day sacred valley motorbike ride
- Iquitos (4 days including a 3 day eco tour)
- THEN WHAT for 4 days? We can't work out what to do next. Fly to Lima and...... any suggestions?

Thanks

Joel
Old Apr 29th, 2024, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You dont seem to have allocated Andy time to Lima in which case, I would allocated at least two full days there , though you could easily spend the entire 4 days in Lima.

Other than that I would consider Trujillo /Chiclayo in northern Peru for a culture different to that of the ubiquitous Inca and a touch of coastal Peru.

Also in the north is Chachapoyas and fascinating area with some nice hikes to place like Gocta Falls and of course Kuelap (though do check whether that has reopened as the fortress was closed for some time and I am not sure if it has reopened). Around there are also places like Cajamarca and Tarapoto which are a little of the beaten path but perhaps worth a look (may even be possible overland form Iquitos !)

A bit closer to Lima is Huaraz in the Cordillera Blanca , great for hiking and arguably even more stunning scenery than that around Cusco.

To get from Iquitos to any of these places will involve a flight via Lima or a flight and bus combo

I covered some of these places individual posts in our our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/category/peru/

Last edited by crellston; Apr 29th, 2024 at 02:32 AM.