Search

1 week north spain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2024, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 week north spain

Greetings everyone,

I'm gearing up for a trip to the northern region of Spain in a few months, flying in from Italy. My destination is Santander, and from there, I'm thinking about exploring Cantabria and the Basque Country, including stops in Bilbao and San Sebastián.
I expect to be for one week there, any recommendations in terms of what not to miss in that area?

One of the main draws for me is the opportunity for surfing and other outdoor activities (I'm aware of Sopelana beach near Bilbao). I've found that the best transportation option is using a bus with the company ALSA, is that ok?.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations!
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 08:23 AM

Surfing in Cantabria, across the water from Santander at the beachs of Somo and Loredo in the area called Ribamontán al Mar.

Alsa is the bus company that you should use.

The surfing beach of San Sebastián/Donostia is Zurriola.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 09:04 AM

Near Bilbao, you shouldn´t miss Getxo, Plentzia, San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, Bermeo, Mundaka (fantastic surfing, long left wave, a mecca for surfers from all over the world), Gernika, Ea, Elantxobe...and then getting closer to Donostia-San Sebastian, the quaint fishing town of Getaria, then Zumaia and the flysch (amazing place), Hondarribia, Pasai Donibane...

Bakio and Sopela offer also very good surfing beaches!! Just take into account this is a rainy area.
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 01:36 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for the tips, I checked Somo and looks like a great alternative as well as Mundaka.

For what I found Somo is reachable from Santander by boat, and Mundaka by train or bus.

Any experience regarding diving centers, that's one of my hobbies too- thanks.
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 02:52 AM

From Santander to the El Puntal beach in Somo the boat serves runs from May to September.
https://www.losreginas.com/rutas-en-...-de-el-puntal/