Venice Day-Tripper tax

Search

Venice Day-Tripper tax

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice Day-Tripper tax

Apologies if this has been posted before. Venice has finally started charging their "day entrance fee" for those who are only coming in for the day. If you are staying in Venice you do not have to pay, but you do have to register. They are starting with some dates now and over the summer. I am arriving on May 2 and had no idea but someone I will be with got an alert from their hotel. My hotel sent me nothing.

You can find the dates and info here - https://cda.ve.it/en/

I registered, it was not so hard except the birthday was stuck on year 2010 and I had to scroll back a few decades to get to my birthday. I had to download the code and email it to myself, because emailing from them did not produce a code, only the confirmation. I am not sure how they will be dealing with this on the ground in Venice - spot checkers? We will see.
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 07:51 AM

Please report back about your experience in Venice, RG (re: spotchecks or otherwise). I know I saw several threads on TA that had some issues with registration but glad you were able to figure it out.

Have a great trip!
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 08:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
they tried modern turnstile gates a few years back and struggled with kids jumping over them, all feedback would be great
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travel_Nerd
Please report back about your experience in Venice, RG (re: spotchecks or otherwise). I know I saw several threads on TA that had some issues with registration but glad you were able to figure it out.

Have a great trip!
will do!
Old May 2nd, 2024, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

An update from the ground. Arrived by train yesterday. Lots of tax “attendants” (I guess that is what you call them) around the train station and Piazzale Roma where the buses are. My hotel is close to Piazzale Roma so I had to cross through it. They did not stop us but, I think it is because we had luggage, some people without luggage were getting stopped.

I have to meet some people at the train station later so will see if anyone asks me for the code when I don’t have luggage.

My train ticket had a note about the tax. My hotel said nothing.

Venice was not as busy as I thought it would be yesterday, for sure it’s a bit busy but nothing like holiday weeks I’ve been before. So maybe the tax is helping.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 02:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would be delighted to pay my €5 if it helps to preserve the beautiful city of Venice. It's not much to pay when you spend thousands to get there.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:37 AM

I'm amazed that only 5 Euro would keep anyone from visiting Venice!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rubicund
I would be delighted to pay my €5 if it helps to preserve the beautiful city of Venice. It's not much to pay when you spend thousands to get there.
agree 100%! I think most of us stay over a few nights, though…