Taxi transfer from Basel Euroairport to Freiburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2024, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. We are a group of 7 people (6 adults + 1 child 6yo) looking for transfer from Basel Europort to Freiburg im Breisgau.

I was considering to take the airport bus to Freiburg which would cost 150 euros for all of us but if the price difference is not much then we would prefer a taxi instead. Checking online I found some private taxi operators like Connecto, swiss-taxi.com, Suntransfers who are offering a minivan for around 180-190 euros. I checked some other operators too but their price quotes were higher.

Are there companies reliable and any suggestion on which one from the above three should I choose? TIA.
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 02:38 AM

A ticket for bus 50 from Basel Euroairport to Basel SBB costs 6.60 CHF/pax for adults and 4.20 CHF for kids.
A Flixbus ticket from Basel SBB to Freiburg im Breisgau costs 6 CHF/pax
A Baden-Wuerttemberg ticket (valid inall regional trains between Basel SBB and Freiburg or any other town in Baden-Wuerttemberg costs 48 CHF for 4 pax togetjher
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neckervd
A ticket for bus 50 from Basel Euroairport to Basel SBB costs 6.60 CHF/pax for adults and 4.20 CHF for kids.
A Flixbus ticket from Basel SBB to Freiburg im Breisgau costs 6 CHF/pax
A Baden-Wuerttemberg ticket (valid inall regional trains between Basel SBB and Freiburg or any other town in Baden-Wuerttemberg costs 48 CHF for 4 pax togetjher
Thanks for the update neckervd. Unfortunately, the cheaper flixbus from Basel SBB to Freiburg is not available later in the day (we are landing in Basel at 6 PM). We have to instead take the Freiburger-Reisedienst bus from the airport to Freiburg which will cost 150 EUR in total for the 7 of us. So we figure that taking a minivan taxi for 8 pax for 180 EUR makes more sense as it will drop us directly at our apartment.

I have got this quote from 3 private taxi companies - Connecto, Swiss-taxi.com and Suntransfers. Want to know if these 3 companies are reliable and which one to choose out of these?
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 01:55 AM

Public transport via Basel (airport bus and train) would be a bit cheaper than 150 EUR. But I agree with you: it's not worth the hassle.
180 EUR is a fair price for 7 people after 7pm. I don't know the taxi companies, however.