13 days In Bali

Search

13 days In Bali

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2024, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 days In Bali

Hello everyone, me and my Gf are going to visit Bali soon (will fly there from KL) in late April.She wanted Ubud first for some reason, so we go from airport to Ubud (4 days, 3 days in a hotel, 1 day in a villa) then 4 days Seminyak (with a day trip to Uluwatu then the next day to Canggu) then one day in Nusa Penida (to see the whole island) and for the last 3 days Nusa Dua. So i need some help)) it's our first time in tropics and islands. please help me with general stuff❤️ 1. What about transport? i know about Grab and Gojek, will we be able to ride with them everywhere? we don't want to/can't ride a bike. 2. How do we go to Nusa penida? with a boat? do you guys know where to get it? how... we don't )))We will go there from Seminyak i guess 3. Is taking tours from Getyourguide, Viator, tripadvisor the best way to see the island?(Waterfalls, temples, rice terraces) in Ubud and Nusa penida, coz we can't go there by ourselves with no public transport)) idk where to hire a guide/driver safely so we don't get robbed please help 4. Can we use our credit cards? or we should get cash? and if so, where to get it safely? i was watching a youtube bali guide and they were talking about card eating ATM's, scam ATM's with bad rates and big service charges... 5. is Bali safe in general? at night? at the places that we stay? I think that's it, sorry for a long post and thank you for your help❤️
Old Mar 24th, 2024, 08:58 PM
kja

I spent 9 nights on Bali in 2016, most of that in Ubud, and I loved it! You can read about my experience there in this trip report; the section on Bali begins with post # 128. A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali You'll see that I (a woman who travelled solo) felt safe in all the places I went, including at night. I can't speak to other parts of the island or how it might have changed, but in general, the Balinese are very gentle and welcoming. Just take ordinary precautions.

Transportation: Public transportation on Bali is limited; you can check your options on Rome2Rio.com -- just be sure to click through to all the underlying links and check dates, etc. IMO, organized tours are NOT the best way to see the island. Instead, there are many advantages to hiring a car and driver. With that, you would be able to see what you and your GF want to see at your own pace, and the fees will go to your driver, rather than an intermediary. You should be able to arrange a driver through your hotel, OR I wholeheartedly recommend the English speaking driver with whom I worked. If interested, send me a personal message and I will provide contact information.

Currency: You can probably use CCs for some things (hotels, meals at established restaurants), but I can't imagine that you won't need at least some local currency. For example, if you hire a driver, you should be prepared to pay the driver in IDR at the end of each day. I had no trouble with ATMs -- but then, I try to use ones that are attached to a bank during the hours when the bank is open, so that they can help if something goes wrong. The rates will depend on your CC / debit card and the specific ATM you use; you should be able to get some idea of the applicable fees by contacting your provider in advance of your trip.

It sounds to me like you would benefit greatly from a good guidebook. I'd recommend the Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, or Moon Guide -- you'll learn all sorts of things you would never even think to ask.

Bali is very special -- enjoy!
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kja
I spent 9 nights on Bali in 2016, most of that in Ubud, and I loved it! You can read about my experience there in this trip report; the section on Bali begins with post # 128. A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali You'll see that I (a woman who travelled solo) felt safe in all the places I went, including at night. I can't speak to other parts of the island or how it might have changed, but in general, the Balinese are very gentle and welcoming. Just take ordinary precautions.

Transportation: Public transportation on Bali is limited; you can check your options on Rome2Rio.com -- just be sure to click through to all the underlying links and check dates, etc. IMO, organized tours are NOT the best way to see the island. Instead, there are many advantages to hiring a car and driver. With that, you would be able to see what you and your GF want to see at your own pace, and the fees will go to your driver, rather than an intermediary. You should be able to arrange a driver through your hotel, OR I wholeheartedly recommend the English speaking driver with whom I worked. If interested, send me a personal message and I will provide contact information.

Currency: You can probably use CCs for some things (hotels, meals at established restaurants), but I can't imagine that you won't need at least some local currency. For example, if you hire a driver, you should be prepared to pay the driver in IDR at the end of each day. I had no trouble with ATMs -- but then, I try to use ones that are attached to a bank during the hours when the bank is open, so that they can help if something goes wrong. The rates will depend on your CC / debit card and the specific ATM you use; you should be able to get some idea of the applicable fees by contacting your provider in advance of your trip.

It sounds to me like you would benefit greatly from a good guidebook. I'd recommend the Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, or Moon Guide -- you'll learn all sorts of things you would never even think to ask.

Bali is very special -- enjoy!
Thank you very much! i think that we will do as you say on guides, transport and everything else, thank you🙏