Search

Travel help for Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2024, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel help for Switzerland

Hi fodors community

Me and my wife are Arriving at Zurich on 24 April and we are very confused how to plan out everything help me out making road map and Itinerary

To visit list.

1. Adelboden 2. Glacier 3000 3.Matterhorn 4. Ticino 5. Stanserhorn

And any one scenic Train Please help me out to make perfect road map and itinerary

My questions.

1. Which travel pass to take to make travel cheaper in Swiss ? 2. Can I add saas fee in this ? For day trip 3. Which city to make base for best connectivity ? 4. Is it ok if I don't go jungfraujoch? I heard it too expensive and fully crowded with tourists and have better alternatives in Swiss 5. Which scenic train will be better option best best scenery? 6. How much minimum day It will take to cover all ?

From Switzerland I will be going Prague from night train Zurich to Prague
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 05:43 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
How many days do you plan to spend in Switzerland? Knowing this will help us help you.

Of course it's okay if you don't visit Jungfrau. Do what makes sense for you.
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

5 days
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melnq8
How many days do you plan to spend in Switzerland? Knowing this will help us help you.

Of course it's okay if you don't visit Jungfrau. Do what makes sense for you.

5 days
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 06:24 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Five full days? So six nights?

Your wish list is just too ambitious for five days (unless you want to spend all your time on trains looking out the window). The sites you list are quite spread out so you will need to narrow things down considerably. You might consider choosing a single base and making day trips from there, but you won't be able to see all that is on your list.

For example, you could base in Bern, and make a day trip to Adelboden (about an hour by train), but it'd be a five hour round trip to see the Matterhorn in Zermatt from there, which makes little sense. The pretty town of Kandersteg can be reached from Bern in under an hour, as well as Thun.

Or you could base in Lucerne and make day excursions to the Stanserhorn, Mount Pilatus, and Titlis in Engleberg, perhaps visit Reichenbach Falls.

Ticino is a canton, not a city. Lugano, Locarno, Bellinzona and Ascona are cities/towns within Ticino. What is it you want to see in Ticino?

Glacier 3000 is also expensive, and from what I've been told, it's a construction site at the top due to a fire last year. Do check to see if construction is still ongoing before you make the long trek there.

This site will help you sort out how long it takes to get from one place to another by train - https://www.sbb.ch/en.
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 03:20 AM

Adelboden on April 24th:
the Tschenbtenalp gondola will not run
the Sillerenbuehl gondola will not run
he Hahnenmoos gondola will not run
the Engstligennalp gondola will run
the bus to Kandersteg (1 hr journey/OW) will run

Glacier 3000: the gondola will not run

The Stanserhornbahn will run every 30 min

The bus from Visp to Saas Fee runs every 30 min all the year round

The rope railway dferom Saas Fee to the revolving Glacier restaurant Mittelallalin will run until April 21st