Breckenridge with my 3 kids - looking for tips

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2024, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to Breckenridge on 3/29 - 4/4 and staying at Der Steiermark near QuickSilver Superchair. We arrive in Denver at 2:35pm on 3/29. I'll have a rental car so I'm debating where else to ski. Obviously, I'd love to experience Vail back bowls. But our Epic Pass works at Keystone and Beaver Creek as well. Crusted Butte is way too far to consider, right?
Kids are 13, 11, and 10. They can ski pretty much anything. Black diamonds and double blacks in the Northeast at Stowe/Killington/Okemo. We would love to explore.
So - help me with a 6 day itinerary starting on Saturday. Looking for things to do on arrival day as well assuming weather permits.

Friday (arrive at DIA around 2:35pm):
Saturday:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday (red eye flight home at 11:35 out of Denver):
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's impressive skiing! I've only been to Breck, Keystone and Copper. I don't rent cars. You can get to those two by free local bus, which I'd do even if you have a car. Why hassle with the driving and parking, you could even get closer by being dropped off by the bus. Copper isn't Epic, obviously. I suppose you'd want to try Vail if you have a car and an EPIC pass. I'd check out lift lines but imagine it can't be worse than Breck. Never been to Beaver Creek but I know people like it. Just in terms of area, Vail and Breck have the most advanced terrain, Keystone close next. Beaver Creek has the least, it's good for beginners. Of course these places are huge compared to back East, so in terms of runs and area, any should be fine. But I think Beaver Creek may be least crowded as it is farther from Denver.

I don't really do anything per se when I go there to ski, but ski. At night, I just like a simple dinner and to watch TV and go to bed early as I'm tired. I'm not actually crazy about Breck as a town, too many people roaming around in packs on the sidewalks at night going to bars, it gets crowded. Because the sidewalks are narrow and the town itself is of course a "village" so big groups of people going around in packs affects things. Will be people there on Spring Break, no doubt.