Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Vietnam: Phu Cuoc - recommendations for a tranquil place to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2024, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I have approximately 6 days in Phu Cuoc Mar 17-23 2024.

I am looking for a very tranquil and quiet time.

Think: read, look at the water , the sky or the jungle , meditate , stretch and do yoga on my own.

Can be beach front, or walkable to beach is fine too.

Hopefully not close to main road with constant traffic, nor rowdy restaurants or clubs.

I have read some recent reviews online to say some Phu Cuoc beaches are very dirty full of trash: any recent experience in terms of cleaner places on the island that are not private resorts?

Happy to rent a scooter and get supplies from town once every couple of days: restaurants and shops within walking distance are not a must.

Any leads on the best place to get this sort of an experience on the island, ideally on a budget of ~usd20-30 for accommodation per day?

Either specific home stay / hotel , or general area recommendations are welcome.
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Goes without saying , any of you fine people who happen to be in Phu Cuoc between Mar17 and 23, direct message me your WhatsApp, happy to meet up for a drink.
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeFish
Hi everyone,

I have approximately 6 days in Phu Cuoc Mar 17-23 2024.

I am looking for a very tranquil and quiet time.

Think: read, look at the water , the sky or the jungle , meditate , stretch and do yoga on my own.

Can be beach front, or walkable to beach is fine too.

Hopefully not close to main road with constant traffic, nor rowdy restaurants or clubs.

I have read some recent reviews online to say some Phu Cuoc beaches are very dirty full of trash: any recent experience in terms of cleaner places on the island that are not private resorts?

Happy to rent a scooter and get supplies from town once every couple of days: restaurants and shops within walking distance are not a must.

Any leads on the best place to get this sort of an experience on the island, ideally on a budget of ~usd20-30 for accommodation per day?

Either specific home stay / hotel , or general area recommendations are welcome.
I have read some recent reviews online to say some Phu Cuoc beaches are very dirty full of trash
Completely false ! Was true long time ago, but everybody has cleaned his act. The hotels clean their beach every morning.

For quiet, go to the Phu Quoc Kim 1 (on the beach)or La Mer (pool) in Dong Dang. For isolation, the Phu Quoc Kim 2 in Gan Dau, norther tip of the island.(beach (bungalows and regular rooms)

All hotels rents scooters
Old Apr 1st, 2024, 07:31 PM

For very quiet, go to the northern tip of the island, in the village of GAN DAU, and stay at Phu Quoc Kim 2. Make sure you tell the taxi driver Phu Quoc Kim TWO because there is a PQ Kim 1 in town. Bungalows on the private beach and regular rooms in small building facing the beach ; restaurant with beach terrace