Search

Vietnam Visa help...please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietnam Visa help...please

Hi there,
Traveling to Vietnam next month and went to the official evisa site to apply for visa. However, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to submit an application. Apparently I am not able to paste the URL here until I have 10 points?? Not sure what that means.

I am concerned that I may not be on the correct site but all searches lead to the same site. It looks pretty sketchy and the instructions to get to the application page are not clear at all. Out of desperation I asked by young adult daughter to look at the site and she too could not figure it out (leaving me feeling better about myself!

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.
Jeanette

Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 11:37 PM

This is the official site for evisa applications for Vietnam. https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/...trang-chu-ttdt . You are right to be cautious as there are many fake sites out there that will charge additional admin fees that you don’t really need. I can’t access teh site at present as it appears to be down ( a not uncommon experience!) . Last time I used it there was a link on the first page with a guide on how to complete the application. I will try and have a look later and see whether I can access it and provide more info.

NB you don’t mention which country you are from. I am from the the UK and don’t require a visa for stays of less than 45 days. This applies to all EU countries and a lot of Asian countries too. If you are a US citizen , then you will need a visa.

Once you access the application page it is pretty straightforward though you do need to make 100% sure the photo you submit meets the stated criteria.Do bear in mind that whilst it may appear to be an automated process but it is not. There is a Clark at the other end who gets an email and then actions the request. It can take time. Some get it back within a couple of hours, others 2-3 days. Apply in plenty of time and avoid weekends or holidays. Make sure you have got the correct dates for entry and exit and the correct points of arrival and departure. It may sound obvious but I have known several people fall foul of this especially when flights are scheduled around midnight.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the information. I appreciate your time. On the bottom of the guide it tells you to proceed to "click next" once application is complete. I hit the NEXT button which took me to the application page!!!! UGH.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 04:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
We applied for our visas Sunday. Yesterday I got an email that DH had to amend his application. It said the passport page photo was incorrect! It’s the same photograph of the passport information page he used last year and Vietnam approved the application then. No explanation of why it was suddenly incorrect, but we took a new photo of it and uploaded it. Hopefully we both get our approvals this week. We leave for Vietnam January 29.
Old Jan 3rd, 2024, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by jeanettepham4007
Thanks so much for the information. I appreciate your time. On the bottom of the guide it tells you to proceed to "click next" once application is complete. I hit the NEXT button which took me to the application page!!!! UGH.
Thanks again.
You are welcome but I am not sure what your issue is. Once you have read through the initial page and confirmed you should get to teh application page:
https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_U...et_view=insert

That is all pretty straightforward, just your personal and passport details and how long etc. your address in Vietnam is your first hotel. Entry and departure points are usually Hanoi and or Saigon airports. If , like me you often enter overland, then it can get a bit complicated trying to identify which border crossing. Let me know if I can help with that.

Some people have problems with the passport photo. This is often down to size and resolution, so check those. Reflections are another issue. Crop to make sure you just get the passport page and nothing else. I use the "Scannable" app on my iPhone which automatically crops to the size of the page.

good luck!
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

I finally go the application off and recieved a denial this morning.
​​​​​​
  • Denied Reason: - Incorrect full name (as ICAO line). - Check all information on the passport indentification pape./.
So, it has surname and given name but no place for middle name. In my given name should I put my: FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME? I have a first middle last name on my passport but since it didn't explicitly ask for a middle name, I did not provide one.

Thank you!!!
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 05:35 AM

Vietnam is now having new visa policy, last longer time and will be convenient for tourist. If anyone who can not do, please contact tour company directly, they will help you
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 06:30 AM

Hi Jeannette,

I got an email from Fodors detailing your post but for some reason it hasn’t appeared here!

it was

"I finally go the application off and recieved a denial this morning.
​​​​​​
* Denied Reason: - Incorrect full name (as ICAO line). - Check all information on the passport indentification pape./."

So, it has surname and given name but no place for middle name. In my given name should I put my: FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME? I have a first middle last name on my passport but since it didn't explicitly ask for a middle name, I did not provide one.

Thank you!!!

If I remember correctly, the last time I had to apply for a visa, I just included both my first and second names in the "Given Names" box. I would give that a try.
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by jeanettepham4007
Hi there,
Traveling to Vietnam next month and went to the official evisa site to apply for visa. However, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to submit an application. Apparently I am not able to paste the URL here until I have 10 points?? Not sure what that means.

I am concerned that I may not be on the correct site but all searches lead to the same site. It looks pretty sketchy and the instructions to get to the application page are not clear at all. Out of desperation I asked by young adult daughter to look at the site and she too could not figure it out (leaving me feeling better about myself!

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.
Jeanette
Since Aug 2023, together with the visa policy change, there have been 02 official websites:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ - This one is the original one by the Department of Immigration
https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/b...thc?matt=26277 - This one is new, by Ministry of Public Security (who owns the Department of Immigration)

Besides these two, all of the website claiming that they are official out there, are all SCAMS. You can choose any of the 02 above as they seems to lead to the same application form anyway. And LOL, just ignore the web design, when I came back to Vietnam & did some customs, any of their government paperworks look like they are from 20th century.

For the most detailed and specific guide, you can check this Vietnam visa guide, which provide photos for each step. I did the whole process myself without wasting any $ on the agencies thanks to it (contacted a few and their quotation was insane - $50-60 extra for a visa that was supposed to be $25 only?).
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by laurieco
We applied for our visas Sunday. Yesterday I got an email that DH had to amend his application. It said the passport page photo was incorrect! It’s the same photograph of the passport information page he used last year and Vietnam approved the application then. No explanation of why it was suddenly incorrect, but we took a new photo of it and uploaded it. Hopefully we both get our approvals this week. We leave for Vietnam January 29.
You should check if your uploaded photo got any of these:
  • Your face must be straight looking at the camera
  • You don’t wear glasses (thin glasses are ok but it is best to remove them all), masks, or anything that covers a part of your face
  • Don’t let your hair cover your face, or even your ears
  • Your photo must not be too blurry
  • Your photo must not be too old or look so much different from the photo in your passport
  • Yoủ must not express any emotions that may change your face shape (don’t open your mouth, close your eyes,…)
  • Your photo must not be from a selfie
  • It is recommended that your photo has a contrast, single-colored background
  • It is recommended to save the photo as JPG file
I don't want to spam the links but they are all mentioned in the Vietnam visa guide article of my previous comment in this thread.
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 07:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tvsalphaaov
You should check if your uploaded photo got any of these:
  • Your face must be straight looking at the camera
  • You don’t wear glasses (thin glasses are ok but it is best to remove them all), masks, or anything that covers a part of your face
  • Don’t let your hair cover your face, or even your ears
  • Your photo must not be too blurry
  • Your photo must not be too old or look so much different from the photo in your passport
  • Yoủ must not express any emotions that may change your face shape (don’t open your mouth, close your eyes,…)
  • Your photo must not be from a selfie
  • It is recommended that your photo has a contrast, single-colored background
  • It is recommended to save the photo as JPG file
I don't want to spam the links but they are all mentioned in the Vietnam visa guide article of my previous comment in this thread.
It’s the photograph of the passport information page, not the separate photo of my husband. The passport has not changed since last year, when the same photograph was accepted. We cannot change the passport. I think the problem is that there is some glare from the light on the photo. Apparently the person looking at it this year is a lot pickier than the person who looked at it last year. We took another photo of the passport page, no glare this time, and uploaded it. I got my approval today. Hopefully my husband’s will be approved soon.

Last edited by laurieco; Jan 4th, 2024 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 08:06 AM

Vietnam Visa application big problems urgent help please

Hi Guys could anyone please help me with my visa for Vietnam problem. I applied a few days ago and have just had there reply which did not pass my application but I do not understand why. They have said there is 3 problems the 1st one is they say I have a incorrect name as in my ICAO line on my passport but I only have my given name and my surname I have no middle names which is what its on the ICAO line apart from it has IRL but surely this just means Ireland (this is a Irish passport) so do understand this.
They have also said I have not put in my place of stay as a contact address we are staying in Hoi An but moving hotels so I put the address and telephone number of our first hotel we are due to stay in so I do not understand this the 3rd thing it asks is what province we are visiting I have put Quang Nam province which is correct according to the internet should this be Da Nang as that is the airport we fly into I am totally at a loss I have tried the Vietnames embassy and Consulate in the Uk who say they can not help and I have tried to phone the embassy in Vietnam but it is permanently engaged and as we are meant to travel i 10 days I am totally panicking if anyone can advice me what I should put on my reapplication I would be eternally grateful
mamy many thanks for any help
Margaret
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 08:56 AM

You only need to put your Surname and Given Name. If IRL appears on the name line then it clearly means Ireland but I suppose that could confuse someone!

I had a quick look at the application site and could not see anywhere where they ask for the province. There are only drop down menus where you choose your entry and exit points. Yours is Da Nang international Airport so use that and select which ever port you are exiting from. Bearing this in mind, I am wonder whether you have the correct site? There are lots of fakes around. This is the correct one
https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/...et_view=insert

The hotel address never seems to make any difference so just put your Hoi An hotel. Both Hoi An and Da Nang are in Quang Nam province though I have never known that to make the slightest difference!

There are lots of agencies out there who will offer to get you a visa quickly. Some good, some not so much. It maybe worth giving then a try if you have no joy second time around

Finally, this forum sees little traffic so you may like to try

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowFo...2-Vietnam.html There are lots of knowledgeable people on there and the second post down has some useful stuff. I would post a question there too.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 10:34 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help me

Hello Crellston
Thank you very much for your reply
Yes I agree about the IRL I only put this when they told me my name was wrong
on the original submission which I could not understand as it is my only name
but I have just realise by International letters they may mean put the name
entirely in capital when I get this next one turned down I will try that.
I did use your suggested website for my application and it did ask for province
next to contact address but agree it maybe needs to be DA Nang
I have also been told that the contact address is not a problem but I have
put in all the hotel/homestay and there telephone number and yet they have still

said I have not put it in so totally bamboozled by that I will try again when this
one fails I will let you know the final result but at this moment I am not

too confident we will be going which will result in a huge loss of money
Thank you so much for caring
also will take your advice on tripadvisor forum
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 10:50 AM

Bizzare! Fingers crossed it all goes through second time around. It is not an automated process, just a guy at the other end typing your details in to a screen so every chance you will get someone better next time. If not ask for a recommendation for an agency on TA. As a UK resident we haven't needed visas for a couple of years so I am out of date but someone will know. They usually turn them around in 48 hours so fingers crossed
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 01:19 AM

The last year about this time, I was in Kuala Lumpur and applied for a Vietnam visa and because of a weekend my visa was not issued until one day after my flight. As a result I was denied boarding, and my airline ticket was wasted. I will try again in March/April 2024. The visa is no good if you don’t enter Vietnam within 30 days of the date of issue. So I am timing this time.
Old Feb 21st, 2024, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by tominrm
The last year about this time, I was in Kuala Lumpur and applied for a Vietnam visa and because of a weekend my visa was not issued until one day after my flight. As a result I was denied boarding, and my airline ticket was wasted. I will try again in March/April 2024. The visa is no good if you don’t enter Vietnam within 30 days of the date of issue. So I am timing this time.
why would you leave it until the last minute? Apply in plenty of time,(I.e . weeks, rather than days in advance) as soon as your dates are known. The Vietnamese visa system is manual , not automated, so delays are inevitable.