Recommendations for Christmas Eve/Day Dinner on Oahu

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2023, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family and I are visiting Hawaii for the first time next month and we’ll be there for Christmas. We’re a group of 6 (no young kids) and I’d really like to make a reservation soon for our dinners on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I’d love any recommendations for a special place for these meals. Hoping for delicious food (we’re open to all kinds) with a gorgeous view, and someplace that is decorated beautifully for Christmas. It would great if a restaurant for Christmas Eve served lobster…it’s a tradition for my in-laws to have seafood and lobster on Christmas Eve. Don’t mind splurging on a couple special meals. Preferably in Honolulu but we’ll be renting a car so we’ll drive if it’s worth it! Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited by allieinnj; Nov 20th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2023, 06:18 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
No personal experience but both my next door neighbor and my 'step cousin' have celebrated special occasions here - https://53bythesea.com
Old Nov 21st, 2023, 09:18 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Gorgeous view someone limits choices. You could check any of the hotel restaurants overlooking the ocean... like the restaurants at Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, Halekulani are all elegant. There's a new Monkeypod at Outrigger Reef. There's Hau Tree Lanai at Kaimana Hotel. Also you could use a website like Open Table to get an idea of what is available.
aloha, suze
Old Nov 26th, 2023, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plumeria Beach House at the Kahala Hotel might work. Nice recs from suze!
Old Nov 26th, 2023, 05:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Not sure where you are from but if you are picturing lobsters like in Maine, those aren't local to Hawaii. Seafood and fish yes you can and will find fresh but encourage you to be open to what is fresh local, rather than an expensive lobster than may have flown in further than you have