Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Buying airline tickets in Bolivia - need fiscal information - NIT or CI??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to purchase a ticket from La Paz to a small town in Bolivia on Ecojet Airlines. As part of the purchase process it asks for Fiscal Information. The spots to fill in for the invoice are LEGAL NAME, FISCAL INFORMATOIN (NIT or CI are the two dropdown options) and FISCAL ID. It seems like it will allow me to leave all of that blank, save the page and the proceed to entering my credit card information. I haven't wanted to test what happens so I'm not sure if it will error out if I don't fill in the Fiscal info when I try and complete the purchase. Is that something that I've got to figure out how to fill in? Is that there for travel agents? Just trying to determine if I can purchase these tickets on my own.
Thanks
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Here is a screenshot after I've saved the page without filling out any info for the Fiscal portion. If I hit the PAY button at the bottom it goes to the next page to enter my credit card info.

Old Nov 16th, 2023, 10:43 PM

The NIT is an ID number given to Bolivian nationals needed when they file their purchase receipts for there tax returns. As a non national you won’t have one. I would just leave it blank and you should be ok.
Old Nov 17th, 2023, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you SO much for this response...I was beginning to think I'd just have to guess.
Old Nov 17th, 2023, 07:49 AM

You are welcome. Fingers crossed all works out.

PS If that "small" town happens to be Rurrenabaque in the Amazon, I would check the current situation as apparently there are some pretty serious forest fires going on at present.
Old Nov 21st, 2023, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crellston
If that "small" town happens to be Rurrenabaque in the Amazon, I would check the current situation as apparently there are some pretty serious forest fires going on at present.
Yep...my son is spending the year there and we're going to visit. I was there 3 weeks ago and there were fires everywhere.