Nova Scotia/PEI/Cape Breton 10 nights

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2023, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a road trip with my husband, son, his wife and 5 months old baby, starting 23 rd June - 3rd July. We will be starting from Toronto and ending in Toronto, will be driving all the way. We are mostly interested in sight seeing, small coastal towns, good food and music. Not going to be into heavy hiking or anything strenuous with the baby.

Need help in planning the itinerary as to how many days in each place and also the route. Would love any input or suggestions!
Old May 27th, 2023, 08:20 AM

There's so much to see and do in the Maritimes. It might help if you narrow your focus.

In Quebec, Saint-Jean-Port-Joli is a nice artisan town.

End of June is strawberry season. Pre-pandemic, there would be strawberry suppers at churches and halls. Best place for a meal. Watch for signs on bulletin boards.

NB
Moncton is a nice city with a music scene as is Sackville. (There is also a Sackville in NS.)

Take the bridge over to PEI in NB.

PEI
North Rustico - great beach

Of course, Cavendish

Take the ferry to NS

NS
Pictou Lodge has great food (check to see status. it was hit by the hurricane.)
Annapolis Valley - Windsor, Grande Pre, Wolfville, Canning
The valley is full of great food and vineyards, cideries and craft beer.

South Shore:
Chester, Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg

Old May 27th, 2023, 10:07 AM

Seemk,

I posted a lot of information on PEI here. Take a look and let me know if you need more information.

Halifax and PEI

Wow lot to see in a very short time. PEI will give you a feel for 2-3 days on the island. The island is accessible via the bridge or ferry in both cases you pay to leave the island, about $50 for the bridge.

Tom

Old May 27th, 2023, 10:29 AM

Did you see this thread?

Nova Scotia/PEI/Cape Breton 12 Night Itinerary
Old May 28th, 2023, 01:21 PM

I’m confused. You’re not planning to start in Toronto on June 23 and end there July 3 and do all those sights, right?
Old Jun 1st, 2023, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks

Sorry, was feeling under the weather hence couldn’t reply.

Elizabeth we live in Toronto hence, we will start from Quebec.
Old Jun 4th, 2023, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary help

Hi

thanks Tom.

we will be starting from Quebec and will stay there for the night. Planning to take a flight from there to Halifax since we have a baby with us and it will be a long drive.

So Starting from Halifax, I need help in planning the route, how many days to spend in each place (Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick). Also suggested places to stay and places to eat (all of us are BIG foodies).

[
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary help

Hey thank everyone!

we will be starting from Quebec and will stay there for the night. Planning to take a flight from there to Halifax since we have a baby with us and it will be a long drive.

So Starting from Halifax, I need help in planning the route, how many days to spend in each place (Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick). Also suggested places to stay and places to eat (all of us are BIG foodies).
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Itinerary help

Hey thank everyone!

Old Jun 5th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Halifax as a base or stay in different areas around Halifax?

Does it makes sense to make Halifax as our base and then go around to near by places like Cape Breton or take day trips from Halifax?
Old Jun 6th, 2023, 05:03 PM

I think the OP should create a basic plan of their own impulses/impressions, and maybe the gallery can help them narrow it down to what is doable.

For... m-m-m-m-m-most people who are flying to Halifax and starting there, they should first look to the north at Cape Breton, and if at all interested in C.B., they should allocate the needed/desired days to Cape Breton, and likely the Cabot Trail... and then build the rest of the journey around that as a beginning.

Beginning and ending in Halifax affords a chance to optimize available time, which would have been greatly occupied by any notion of driving to the Maritimes.