Search

RV Travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RV Travel

Since the pandemic my husband and I have enjoyed traveling across the country in our magnificent 36 foot Tiffin open road motorcoach. We are curious if any of you have done the very same thing to see our country as we have. We are based in Los Angeles and I'm curious what trips you have experienced. At the beginning of January we are attempting to go visit some friends in Texas; what do you suggest for route and places of real interest between Los Angeles and Houston.
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 09:02 PM

Take the most southern route to avoid the possibility of snow. Big Bend NP could be an intermediary destination.
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 02:40 PM

Yes, take I-10 to avoid bad weather. On the way you can stop off at La Mesilla adjacent to Las Cruces, NM, Big Bend National Park (3 hours south of I-10), and Fredericksburg, TX. La Mesilla has an Old Mexico plaza dating from 1848. Historical buildings, including the old adobe courthouse, surround the plaza. Some excellent restaurants are in the village. Fredericksburg, located in the Hill Country, features stone buildings built by Germans, biergardens and a lively downtown.